Carillion / Midgard
Completed December 2019
Building S2 is a commercial building totalling 190,000 Sq ft of space.
As with all the office buildings at King’s Cross, the very latest technology will reduce running costs and minimise environmental impact.
The building is being designed to meet the BREEAM standard ‘Outstanding’ and will be linked to the site-wide district heating network. This network provides close to 100% of the development’s heating and hot water needs, as well as 80% of electricity demand. The building has been designed to maximize the environmental benefits of its location. Orientation, thermal modelling and the use of thermal mass for cooling all contribute to energy efficiency.
Our Contribution mainly involved:
- Mechanical LTHW & CHW pipework installation including CAT A fit out.
- Gas pipework installation
- Underfloor Heating installation
- Public Health Gravity Foul and waste Drainage installation
- Rainwater Drainage installation
- Grease Clean out line
- Pumped Drainage
- Condensate Drainage
- Domestic Mains, Hot & Cold Boosted Water Systems.
- Domestic Soft water system.
- Domestic Non – Potable water CAT 5 installation.
After the collapse of Carillion in January 2018, we continued to work with the new contractor to ensure satisfactory completion of the project
This project looks to achieve a BREEAM Outstanding rating and we are proud to play our part in the energy efficiency objectives
We successfully installed 4km of domestic water services
We recruited local employees as part of our social engagement strategies
Explore More ProjectsView All Projects
Back to Top