We are looking to expand our Commercial Team and have a vacancy for Project Quantity Surveyor.
If your experience and qualifications match the role and what we’re looking for, please get in touch.
If you have any queries about the role you can contact Mike Webb, Commercial Manager on Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work with and support the Project Manager(s) on a daily basis, to ensure projects are meeting commercial and financial targets
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with your client and supplier counterparts
- Contribute to regular and accurate reporting to the Commercial Manager on/for: /CVR/Cash Flow/Weekly Updates etc.
- Accountable and responsible for the project budget and to determine regular commercial forecasts
- Carry out interim monthly valuations for payment applications
- Manage project sub-contractor and supplier accounts in line with the agreed subcontracts and to align with any upstream contractual requirements
• Identify, notify, measure, value, and agree change (variations, compensation events, claims)
- Maximise the recovery of all contractual entitlements
- Ensure the Works are managed in accordance with the terms of the contract and any conditions precedent therein, not least regarding the times for giving notices and making applications
- Ensure that all records are kept by the project team members for use in the evaluation of variations
- Identify project risks and develop and implement mitigation strategies to minimise the commercial effect of said risk
Key Skillset Required
- Demonstrable use and understanding of standard forms of contract
- Adept knowledge of MS packages incl, Excel, Office, Teams, and Word
- A knowledgeable understanding of valuation and measuring techniques of Mechanical and Public Health works, specifically pipework, including cost analysis of items such as labour, materials, plant, sub-contract
- Able to use accounting concepts and forecasting cost and value based on programme and scope of works
- Detailed knowledge of JCT contracts
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Degree Qualified in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent
- Professional memberships such as RICS, CIOB, ICES or equivalent
- Holds a valid CSCS card
Work for JA Brooks
Our people tell us that we have a great culture, and we work at keeping it that way. We have a hard working and committed workforce but equally a workforce that enjoys working together and takes time to celebrate its successes.
Our values are shared across the Company. We have developed them and continue to maintain them to ensure both our people and our business is looked after.
We do list our vacancies on our website but are also keen to hear from you if you think you have the skills and experience to join our team.